Friday, June 8, 2012

my favourite comic "Mafalda"

My favourite comic  is "Mafalda",written by an Argentine cartoonist Joaquín Salvador better known under the pseudonym "Quino". This story was developed  from  1964 to 1973 and it  tells the story of a girl who cares about humanity, social problems and rebels against the world dominated by adults. 
Due to the universality of their problems and subject matter, it became a familiar story in the world, which captivates thousands of spectators, in countries from Latin America and Europe.
Mafalda focuses on family life of any person, is made up of a father, mother, brother, friends, etc.. 
Focusing on its history, relates to a father who works in a company and is constantly concerned about expenses and debts. He  loves indoor plants because they live in an appartment that does not have access to a wider garden.

Her mother Raquel, is a  devoted mother and wife, 
concerned of all housework, school  and started  classes to become a professional pianist, studies abandonment by her marriage.

  Her brother Guille, the typical restless younger brother, making mischief and nonsense, and obviously the little friends of Mafalda, Felipe, Manolito, Susanita , Miguelito and Libertad.

  I truly love
Mafalda  , I love her  social and community concern,  her incomprehension of the world dominated by adults and especially its rebellion address this.

The phrase that I like the most is: "stop the world, I wanna be down"










 

3 comments:

  1. I love Mafalda too, the way Quino talk about social problems with humor is fabulous!

    Now I remember, my dad has a little book of Mafalda in my house *-*
    Oh, and I wanted to go to an exposition of mafalda here in Santiago, but it was too expensive e_é

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mafalda is awesome! I have a lot of comic books of her, and is always funny to saw them.
    I wanted to go to the exposition too, but it was really really expensive. that's a shame :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. eli!!! i like mafalda, at home ther's many mafaldas

    ReplyDelete